Transferring to a new phone

Re: Transferring to a new phone

Postby Colonia » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:00 am

I gave it another try with these new instructions.
+ I linked the device with my second forum-account (colonia4s) ---> this worked
+ Filled in my old and new accounts under Transfer Phone

, but i get the next error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lawidc24ksg62rt/foto.PNG

I am not so good in reading code, but it seams i typed the correct passwords and account names. Someone knows what is happening??
Colonia

Postby ES187 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:02 pm

Looks strange, as I remember well, there should be something like

transfer complete. i hope this worked, because if not, you're probably screwed!

at the end. Not finding a "hash" is probably the problem, but why, I can't say. :(

I assume you entered the "old" an "new" account correctly in the transfer page? O.O
ES187

Postby Colonia » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:35 pm

I got my new iphone 6 this week, and i got the same error as with my previous phone! " no old hash" I would really like to continue the game, but like this it will be difficult. I did follow the instructions carefully: made a new account (Colonia6), logged in with it on my new phone and try to transfer my old account (Colonia). :(

Could anyone help me with this?
Colonia

Postby ES187 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:47 pm

I can't, unfortunately. I'm also not sure, if the described procedure would be still valid for iPhones 5, 6, ...
I did once the transfer from 3GS to 4S, which resulted to this description. No more I can say.

When I will upgrade to 6S this year, I keep the game on my 4S - so I won't have any trouble at all. This way, 4S can always slice while driving, because for now, I always have to decide which game I like to follow on screen ;)

This doesn't help you much, I know, but it seems that the "admin" of this game doesn't care much about his game. Unfortunately. It could have become something big, I guess.
ES187

Postby lowflyer » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:46 am

I had to stop playing a few years ago, when my carrier ended "unlimited" data plans. I had an iphone 3 or 4 then, don't recall which. Now I have an iphone 6+, but can't seem to remember my username, although I think I know what password I used.

I've looked at the slices I've done in my region (there's nobody else near me), and left-clicked as it said, but it did not show my user name. Seems to me I started using this app around 2010 or 2012 maybe?

How can I find my username? My husband is interested in joining as well, especially since his work takes him all over the area.

I sliced areas in the USA, in Maryland on the eastern shore. I can tell you what towns I encompassed and sliced.

Could you help me find my username so I can transfer to my new phone, and start slicing again?
lowflyer

Postby ES187 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:22 am

Hej lowflyer,

as you have played already some time, you probable are in the top200:

http://adumbration.adum.com/slicer/top.php

Either you will recall your username when you see it, or you can click the link and see what latest slice is from your area (a lot of clicking you have to do,but you can left out those who have a last play date from 2015, 2014, 2013).

Now, if you have found your username AND you recall your Password, please read the instructions (in this forum) to switch phones very, very clearly, because if you mess up during this process, the slices will be lost (well, they will be still there, but not connected to your new account then).
Step 1: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18 (linking the [old!] device to your account here)
Step 2: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16401 (transferring to a new phone)

I don't know if the switch works fine for iOS 9, I guess it will. I am keeping my earthslicing on my old 4s (iOS 8.4.1, eventually I will upgrade to iOS9) and will not upgrade to my new 6s (iOS 9.1) - this way I can slice while playing other GPS Games :twisted:
ES187

Postby ES187 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:28 am

Colonia wrote:I have a new phone, but made a mistake with tranferring. I made a new account on the forum (colonia4s), but i by accident logged in on the 'More info' screen on my new phone with my old account (Colonia). Now it looks like both my phones are connected to Colonia, and i can not transfer the data to colonia4s because it had no connected phone. is there a way that i can log in my new phone with my new account? I already tried erasing the cookies and re-installing the app, didn't work...

Ever tried to create a new account again and doing the transfer with the oldest and the newest account?
ES187

Previous

Return to Earthslicer