So sad that this great game got lost in its slices...

So sad that this great game got lost in its slices...

Postby ES187 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:42 am

10 player worldwide in 2014, of which only a handful (literally) play on a regular basis.

And now iOS 8 is coming up, as also the next iPhone generation - I fear we will probably lose a few players again. Because the main reason that we lost active players was the switch between phones to keep your slices and continuing to play.

I'm still playing the game (not so often anymore as at the beginning) with my 4S - even if I update to the iPhone 6, I guess I keep the game running on my 4S.

Anyway, I guess this will not be read by anyone, would it?
ES187

Re: So sad that this great game got lost in its slices...

Postby Colonia » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:24 am

Yes, I am reading it :)

On my current Iphone 4S i never got it working after transferring from my old 3GS (see my other post from a few weeks ago... In a few weeks i will change to the Iphone 6, if i can transfer my profile to the new phone, i plan of pickin it up again!!
Colonia

Postby ES187 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:34 am

Would be great to have some more people back on track.
Cross fingers that switching the game to iOS8/iPhone 6 will work.

Just be sure to follow the instructions carefully - although I don't know what the impact op iOS 8 will be.
ES187

Postby kuifje4s » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:35 pm

i love this game, but since i lost all my slices i stopped playing it, i was hoping that the admin here could help me out, but got lost in accounts switching to ios8
kuifje4s

Postby ES187 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:34 pm

:((
ES187

Postby lowflyer » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:45 am

ES187 wrote:

Well...yes!

I'd like to start playing again, if I can figure out what my username was. It's been a few years. I looked at my old slices, but left-click does not bring up any information on them. I don't want to have to "abandon" them as orphaned, since they encompass my neighborhood.
lowflyer

Postby ES187 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:06 am

Indeed, that left-click on the slices doesn't work anymore since a long time. I found it always interesting to see who has which slice, especially when I came into new areas. Unfortunately, I don't know how you could determine your name. You can try to contact to forums owner "adum" directly, he may be willing to help...
ES187

Postby BrandtsBuijs » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:54 am

lowflyer wrote:
ES187 wrote:

Well...yes!

I'd like to start playing again, if I can figure out what my username was. It's been a few years. I looked at my old slices, but left-click does not bring up any information on them. I don't want to have to "abandon" them as orphaned, since they encompass my neighborhood.

There are less than 1000 players
http://adumbration.adum.com/slicer/map.php?user=3
and keep adding up the last number, you see where they had their last slices.
A little bit of work, but should work to find it :)

Which neighbourhood is it?
BrandtsBuijs

Postby BrandtsBuijs » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:51 am

lowflyer wrote:
ES187 wrote:

Well...yes!

I found another of yours posts:
lowflyer wrote:I had to stop playing a few years ago, when my carrier ended "unlimited" data plans. I had an iphone 3 or 4 then, don't recall which. Now I have an iphone 6+, but can't seem to remember my username, although I think I know what password I used.

I've looked at the slices I've done in my region (there's nobody else near me), and left-clicked as it said, but it did not show my user name. Seems to me I started using this app around 2010 or 2012 maybe?

How can I find my username? My husband is interested in joining as well, especially since his work takes him all over the area.

I sliced areas in the USA, in Maryland on the eastern shore. I can tell you what towns I encompassed and sliced.

Could you help me find my username so I can transfer to my new phone, and start slicing again?

Maryland, these were the four big players in Maryland. No usernames, only numbers:
16 (Washington/Baltimore)
20 (Washington/Gaithersburg)
48 (Washington/Gaithersburg)
773 (Delmarva Peninsula//Salisbury)
BrandtsBuijs

Return to Earthslicer