How to get the big slices?

How to get the big slices?

Postby BrandtsBuijs » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:53 pm

In a short time i'm rising up the ranks, but I like to slice all parts in my neighbourhood (as long as they are not claimed by others).
Now, a field is no problem, you can walk alongside it, sometimes there is a footpath/bicycle way and you have it, only how to get my bike there, but that's not my question.

Sometimes I have real difficulty claiming a slice, sometimes I enter an unclaimed area (surrounded on all sides by claimed area) and then it's suddenly mine, those can be very big.
How does that work exactly?

Now my problem is an small airport in my neigbourhood (Groningen Airport Eelde), I've cycled it completely around, with all dead-end roads leading to the fences, and it's not as large as my largest slices, but I seem to not getting it claimed.
Any ideas why?

The airport is a problem, as there is no change getting on it. Even the lakes are not that difficult
BrandtsBuijs

Re: How to get the big slices?

Postby BrandtsBuijs » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:55 pm

After reading the FAQ and info and testing some stuff, I found it. Your slice has to be in the rectangle in it's entirely (so with big slices, you have to be in the middle of it), and you need a new blue block.
So, if you have an area which is long from east to west, it's more difficult to get, than a north-south based long slice.

The airport is just a bit to wide, but I can slice a bit of at the most eastern point. Although, I have to do it on foot wandering through a forest and swamp.
The part between Zuidbroek and Sappemeer, that's gonna be a difficult one because of the highway, canal and railway, having their crossings at the same point, and complete west/east wide, too wide. And the Zuidlaardermeer (lake), the Paterswoldse Meer (other lake) had bikelanes, roads etc alongside the water, and at some points the form of the lake was such that you had the entire lake in the rectangle. For the Zuidlaardermeer to have that, the only place is in the middle of the lake itself, and then you cannot even see the roads surrounding the lake.

Well, perhaps I should walk around the lake or something and then hire a boat.
BrandtsBuijs

Postby BrandtsBuijs » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:28 pm

Today I claimed the airport!
BrandtsBuijs

Postby ES187 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:53 am

good job!
ES187

Postby BrandtsBuijs » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:12 pm

he, other people here.
You stopped playing ES187?
BrandtsBuijs

Postby ES187 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:40 pm

Nope, it's just not high priority anymore. Also, I do have to drive quite a while to make some slices. :twisted:
But there aren't many of us, unfortunately, and we've lost quite a few due of the complicated transferring procedure, when you get a new phone.
ES187

Postby BrandtsBuijs » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:28 pm

ES187 wrote:Nope, it's just not high priority anymore. Also, I do have to drive quite a while to make some slices. :twisted:
But there aren't many of us, unfortunately, and we've lost quite a few due of the complicated transferring procedure, when you get a new phone.

I think I'll keep this game playing on my old phone if I ever get a new one :D
BrandtsBuijs

Postby ES187 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:11 am

BrandtsBuijs wrote:I think I'll keep this game playing on my old phone if I ever get a new one :D

Well, that's how I'm doing it now. Earthslicing on my old 4S, other GPS-Games on my new 6s :twisted:
(This way, I can slice more - when I'm in new areas - and don't have to decide or switch anymore. Switching often was a problem, as this often created gaps because I forgot to switch in time... ;))
ES187

Return to Earthslicer