Does new phone = new user?

Re: Does new phone = new user?

Postby ES187 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:54 pm

kphin wrote:
adum wrote:i have added a feature: you can now transfer your slices to a new phone. the option is on the home page. good luck!

What homepage where? Are there are any instructions that I missed?

Well, it's called "home" page, isn't it? :twisted:
http://adumbration.adum.com/slicer/
At the bottom you'll find the needed link. :geek:
ES187

Re: Does new phone = new user?

Postby kphin » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:13 am

ES187 wrote:
kphin wrote:
adum wrote:i have added a feature: you can now transfer your slices to a new phone. the option is on the home page. good luck!

What homepage where? Are there are any instructions that I missed?

Well, it's called "home" page, isn't it? :twisted:
http://adumbration.adum.com/slicer/
At the bottom you'll find the needed link. :geek:

That's what one would precisely expect, yet after following the directions (if the quote bleow can be considered directions) I received a successful notification. It's been a week, and I still hold two rankings, 83 and 200-and-something.

The real bummer is that the most recent slices were obtained while in Australia. I doubt I'll get back to that location, and had the transfer worked when it said it did I would have been able to add those to my "older" slices. Now I'm faced with loosing one of the two.

To quote the Transfer Phone page:
Transfer Phone
You may transfer your slices to a new phone. WARNING: this is a one-way, non-reversible operation. What will happen: your new phone will act like it's slicing on the old phone. (All tracks are stored locally so that transfer depends on your phone etc.) All slices you have done on your new phone before this transfer will not be transferred. They will be orphaned. You must have created two accounts and linked them, one per phone.
kphin

Previous

Return to Earthslicer