Earthslice doesn't work anymore . . .

Earthslice doesn't work anymore . . .

Postby FlevoTJ » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:26 am

Earthslicer doesn't work anymore :cry:
I've got a iPhone 3GS and installed iOS4.
When I click on the app Eartslicer, I only got a view of the earthmap, but there's no zoom.

Is there any update to be wait for?
Or does Earthslicer dies a soft and quiet death?

I hope the admin respons soon, becausé I couldn't send him a private message.

Does anyone of you have the same problem?
Please respond in this topic.
FlevoTJ

Re: Earthslice doesn't work anymore . . .

Postby ThirdPrize » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:01 pm

I have a 3G with os4 on it and the game seems to work ok for me. It zooms in but I haven't tried slicing anywhere for a while.
ThirdPrize

Postby markauer » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:13 am

I don't have any problems with my 3GS, iOS4 & Slicer. Perhaps try reinstall Slicer?
markauer

Postby FlevoTJ » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:41 am

Thank you.
Of course I can reinstall Earthslicer, but in that case, I loose a lot of tracks I allready made.
Now I only have to complete the boxes to claim pieces of this earth.
Maybe there is an update from Earthslice coming (soon).

About a new update (idea):
when I have to reinstall ES again, I loose all tracks.
I think these tracks are only saved on my iPhone. But is there a possiblility to use those tracks again and not overwrite it?

I allready had to reinstall earthslicer twice before and it costs a lot of benzin to make the tracks again.

I hope our admin will respond soon.
Then he can tell me also if I can get trouble using Earthslicer (ES) abroad, on my vacation.
btw, can I use ES offline (without Internet)?
I didn't try that before.
FlevoTJ

Postby ES187 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:50 am

FlevoTJ wrote:Then he can tell me also if I can get trouble using Earthslicer (ES) abroad, on my vacation.
btw, can I use ES offline (without Internet)? I didn't try that before.

You can slice abroad but, without internet, you will have no maps. Also, you will not see, if someone else already has claimed the area. So, your iPhone will create slices, and the next time you're online (free WiFi?), be sure to start ES to transmit your data to the ES-Servers... because, in case someone else is slicing in the same area as you are, the first one who transmit his/her data will get the slice... *gg*

BTW: depending on your iPhone (simlocked or not) you also can get a SIM Card only from a local provider. This way, you can slice abroad while having the maps and sliced info. (of course, your number will be changed for the time you use the card). Alternative, you can use a mobile hotspot like the MiFi ;)

Didn't install iOS4 yet on my 3GS, so can't tell anything about this. Just hope that it will cause no problem *fingers crossed*
ES187

Postby adum » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:05 pm

it should work fine on iOS4. it does for me, and others. reinstalling will probably fix any problems, but yeah, the tracks will be gone.
adum
Site Admin

Postby ES187 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:17 pm

iOS4 has been installed now, and earthslicer does start, does zoom - so I guess it will also slice (can't test this for the moment, I have already to drive at least half an hour before I can start slicing again ;))

@Flevo: just curious: is your iphone jailbroken or not?
ES187

Postby ES187 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:19 am

I can now say that Earthslicer works perfectly fine with a 3GS and iOS4, as you can see at my slices in south Sweden (with a local pay as you go card) and Copenhagen (with no pay as go card, as I was only staying for one day/night - load the map of Copenhagen by WiFi at the hotel and used that to walk my slices). Could have been more slices in Sweden, but I had to keep my girlfriend happy too ;)
ES187

Return to Earthslicer